30 Ιουνίου 2021

...Butterfly Wings


The sun was shining so brightly outside and through the curtains, a thin beam of light was entering the room, and like a spotlight shedding light to the lead actor during a speech, it was pointing directly at her.

She was staring at the mirror, smiling and rapidly blinking to herself.

I stopped and had a direct eye contact with her for a couple seconds. I could tell she was surprised right before she carefully made a small step back and turned.

"Have you ever focused on the flicker of the butterfly wings while it sits somewhere peacefully, getting ready to fly back again", I asked. "A blink like this one, which is fast & sparky but without a stable blink-tempo, reminds me of that effect; no offense".

"Non taken! I love the description!", she answered and laughed, probably out of awkwardness.

Her friends were close by, right out of the store. "Come on, it's time to go already!", they shouted with a hint of warning. We shared another, rushed eye contact and she headed for the checkout.

I was still standing, staring silently at that mirror.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια :